Join us at The Gatehouse @ Kings County Distillery this Sunday, July 10th for some mighty fine eats provided by Delaney BBQ.
Sip dozens of whiskies and handcrafted cocktails from nationwide distilleries and local bars. Delight in fried, barbecued and Southern-inspired dishes from over 20 restaurants, including Bareburger, Jacob's Pickles, Sweet Chili, Burnside Biscuits and The Donutologist. Dance to live music, play horseshoes, get styled at the mustache bar and more.
Choose from the afternoon (1:30-4pm) or evening (6:30-9pm) session. Upgrade to VIP for half hour early entrance; access to the specialty Prohibition lounge; and samples of additional, top shelf spirits.
Join Delaney Barbecue and Brooklyn Children's Museum in celebrating 116 years of providing formative cultural experiences to New York City children.
We're super pumped to announce that we'll be the newest participant in the famous Big Apple Barbecue hosted yearly at Madison Square Park. The two day festival brings some of the nation's best BBQ nerds together for a weekend full of smoke and meat, and for a good cause too! The proceeds are donated to the Madison Park Conservancy to help keep the park beautiful and well maintained.
We will be there serving two things that we love making: brisket & sausage. The two will come together on a butter grilled Amy's roll, and will be topped with raw onion and our house-made pickles. We'll also offer a side of a refreshing heirloom tomato salad. Like at our restaurant, there will be no BBQ sauce at our tent, just tons of fatty brisket.
Putting this together is quite the undertaking as the scale is more than we've ever done before. To accomplish it, Philip and his team have been carefully creating a production schedule that's timed to the T, and we even bought two new custom smokers to handle the capacity.
We hope to see you there, it's bound to be a blast! If you want to do more than visit, we're looking for volunteers for that day. Details on both below.
- Visiting is easy! You can't miss the festival, as the streets will be packed with huge crowds as early as 11AM. The festival goes until Expect long lines, but really great food.
- This year’s Big Apple Barbecue Block Party, the 12th annual, will take place on Saturday and Sunday June 7-8 2014 from 11:00am to 6:00pm.
- The festival takes place all along the perimeter of Madison Square Park located at 23rd Street and Madison Avenue in Manhattan.
- All of the sandwiches at the booths will be a fixed price of $9. Bring cash!
- If you want to beat the line, you can buy a Fast Pass online.
- More details at bigapplebbq.org
We're looking to assemble our 2014 Pit Crew to help build sandwiches, smoke meat, shuttle things from our kitchen, and just generally kick ass. The two days are going to be tough, so we need all the hands we can get. If you're interested in helping out, please fill out the form below.
See you at the block party!
BrisketTown is throwing the biggest Super Bowl Party in Brooklyn, chock full of smoked meat, comfortable seats, cold beers, and giant screens.